Monday, November 18, 2019

Ceramics - Wheel throwing videos



Watch the following videos and comment:

You will need to complete a wheel thrown piece for Quarter 2.  This second piece will be graded on merit - not just completion.  All clay pieces MUST be finished before you leave for Christmas.  The last day to work on the wheel is Thursday, Dec. 12.

Centering:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMWQ7eIbp98

Opening:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xupn8MRTF-8

Pulling the walls:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RoCMYBoIII

11 comments:

  1. the centering video helped me see how i can center my clay better and what to do when i mess up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like the centering and opening videos are the most helpful because if i can master that, putting the walls up are not that hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The centering video helped me the most because all of my pots have not been centered. This video will help me remember what to do in the future. - Mary Daniel Windham

    ReplyDelete
  4. The centering video is very helpful because that is the hardest thing in my opinion.
    -Rives Watson

    ReplyDelete
  5. the centering video was my favorite and most helpful because i suck at it and i needed some tips to help me.--- malone hudson

    ReplyDelete
  6. This guy was way too good at this I’m pretty sure somethings up. But the centering one showed me how to move the clay better with my hands

    ReplyDelete
  7. it helped to see that you can cut off the top of the pot if it is not centered so it will be easier to center the majority of it after doing that. - mckenzie

    ReplyDelete
  8. These videos were very helpful. The one about pulling walls and the one about centering taught me some tips that will help me when i make my next piece.
    -Lillie Mealor

    ReplyDelete
  9. These videos are very helpful. they show you how to fix mistakes and how to center your piece. -Jackson Jones

    ReplyDelete
  10. The video about opening really helped me because I sometimes use the wrong techniques to open the piece

    ReplyDelete