2D - Create a Photoshop mandala.
1. Make a Photoshop document that is 7"x7" with a 300 dpi resolution. Open Photoshop. Go to "file", then "new" to set it up.
2. Go ahead and open up 2-3 layers. Don't paste it on the background.
3. Use a section of one of your previous works or an action shot found online for one of the layers. Use any other photograph for the other layer. Feel free to add more layers if you want.
4. Erase, adjust the transparency, contrast, etc. to create the most dynamic image you can. Don't forget that you can add filters to your layers as well. Adjust the brightness/contrast for maximum impact.
5. Save this file.
6. Open up a new file that is 14"x14" with a 300 dpi resolution.
7. Create four layers.
8. Paste your 7"x7" piece on each layer.
9. Use "Control T" or "Flip horizontally/vertically" to move and flip to line up all of the edges.
10. You can be finished here or you can repeat the process for more detail.
The above mandala is a sample from Art One.
11. Print yours out and tape into your sketchbook for me to grade. You should have our printer installed, but if you don't, it is the FA_MS-HS Art printer. Install it as a "new device or printer" and print it. See me if you can't get the printer loaded.