Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Ceramics - Free form sculpture

Taiwanese artist Chang Tzu-lung creates larger-than-life sculpture based on the female body. These free form sculptures represent a female body, with curving lines drawing the eye smoothly to the lower part, the center of gravity for the carved work. The artwork brings a sense of peace and comfort to viewers, who naturally want to stretch out their hands to feel the surface and connect with the stone.
“The subject of my interest has always been the forms of life,” Chang said March 15 while giving a tour of his studio in Danshui Township, Taipei County. “Women are life-givers, so the female body is the best means for me to explore the forms of life.”


10 comments:

  1. That's very interesting, and it would definitely be interesting to touch. Quite interesting that a male artist decided to portray a woman's body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the first sculpture because you can really see the image of a woman who is pregnant. I also love how he is inspired by women because it is a way for him to explore the forms of life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first picture is really cool to me. It's astonishing that someone could actually carve such a masterpiece. We clearly see what he was trying to perceive, which is a women's body. I really like the fact that he views women's body as a masterpiece rather than anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think his artwork is very unique and I love how he highly he praises women. My favorite piece would probably be the first one because I can actually see the outline of a female body.

    - Ruth Samuel

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very interesting and unique. I really like the focus and how it's not exactly just like a body, it's free form and kind of go with the flow
    -Cheyenne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its kinda cool.. An obviously he is very talented. Kinda weird though.
    -Cole

    ReplyDelete
  7. He really knows what he is doing. Basically a professional.
    -Christian Holcomb

    ReplyDelete
  8. it looks weird, but cool the same time- casey johnson

    ReplyDelete