Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Art One - Blog 6 - Matisse

Henri Matisse (French: 31 December 1869 – 3 November 1954) was a French artist, known for his use of colour and his fluid and original draughtsmanship. He was a draftsman, printmaker, and sculptor, but is known primarily as a painter. Matisse is commonly regarded, along with Pablo Picasso and Marcel Duchamp, as one of the three artists who helped to define the revolutionary developments in the plastic arts in the opening decades of the twentieth century, responsible for significant developments in painting and sculpture. Although he was initially labelled a Fauve (wild beast), by the 1920s he was increasingly hailed as an upholder of the classical tradition in French painting. His mastery of the expressive language of colour and drawing, displayed in a body of work spanning over a half-century, won him recognition as a leading figure in modern art.

Henri Matisse Landscape oil painting picture


38 comments:

  1. These paintings are great
    - jackson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matisse had very beautiful paintings and was definitely a fauve.
    -Wesley Hanson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matisse has really creative color choices. I really like his first painting.
    -Hannah Colquitt

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors are cool.
    Megan Ingram

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the colors he chose to color everything
    -TJ Sams

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the looseness and brush strokes...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the use of colors in the painting.
    ~Meghan Chamlee

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colors!
    Rachel Buckland

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the unusual color pictures!--Kevin Zhang

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the second picture. That's awesome!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These painting are beautiful, l like these painting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I donnot know the Henri Matisse,but his picture is good, and i think i can understand what does he drawing, so i am sorry, maybe it is good.
    ------------------Tia Ouyang

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like it, it is special.
    Jack.Yang.17

    ReplyDelete
  14. the way he uses the colors are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the way he uses his brushwork to make an area look like it's filled, but it still have some white showing through.
    -Haley Harden

    ReplyDelete
  16. i like this
    daniel weaver

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the unexpected colors in his second painting. -Kendall Herron

    ReplyDelete
  18. it looks cool and I can really see the paint brush strokes
    -Torrian

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like all of the colors they all go very well together- Tristan Hilyer

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like the differences of the colors and you can see how unique each painting can be since it isnt realistic.
    - Will Barkley

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like how you it looks weird but you can still tell what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  22. i like the colors in it. it is very cheerish.

    ReplyDelete
  23. pretty I like the colors
    Brynna

    ReplyDelete
  24. the colors are pretty and I like that you can see the brush marks
    -Laney Elliott

    ReplyDelete
  25. that was really pretty, some color are very different.

    ReplyDelete
  26. These painting are awesome!



    -O'Showen Williams

    ReplyDelete
  27. I like the second one better. The first one has way too much white.

    --Tucker Braddy

    ReplyDelete
  28. i like the first one - tommy

    ReplyDelete
  29. i love the first one
    stephen dance

    ReplyDelete
  30. I like the second one it seems more modern
    -Connor

    ReplyDelete
  31. the colors are very pretty and interesting
    -jillian

    ReplyDelete